What is Golden Hour?
So you want to learn more about golden hour? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. I prefer to schedule sessions around sunset as opposed to other times of the day.
You may have noticed that my most popular session times are in the evening before sunset. I do have some daytime sessions available, but I prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the light is soft and absolutely perfect.
- You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
- There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon. I actually don’t shoot outdoors in the middle of the day.
- In the summer, it isn’t as hot at this time. So, you can relax knowing you won’t be sweating through your shirt.
- During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
- I can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon.
As you prepare for your session, be mindful of the time of day you want to schedule. We may need to make scheduling adjustments to shoot during the best time of the day. Especially if there is a particular look you want, or if you like certain images in my portfolio